Acceptable Use Policy
We have been fighting alongside the global anti-spam community (Internet Service Providers, fellow Email Service Providers and anti-spam organizations) in the raging war against spam. On a daily basis, there are email senders that impersonate legitimate brands and/or try to phish for personal information. Spam laws have been set up in certain countries and as an additional measure, we've created our own set of rules to protect the reputation of our clients and their intended recipients. Not only do these rules help us identify spammers, they also help increase your deliverability and build a strong sending reputation.
Defined below are core statistics the MailMunch team references when reviewing email accounts and sending practices. Please familiarize yourself with this chart and work to stay below these acceptable thresholds. Accounts with statistics above these numbers can face account suspension and in some cases, termination.
|Statistic Thresholds||Acceptable Levels*|
|Spam Complaints||≤ 0.08%|
Please don't use MailMunch to send anything offensive, to promote anything illegal, or to harass anyone. You may not send:
- Emails offering to sell illegal goods or services
- Emails that violate CAN-SPAM Laws
- Pornography/sexually explicit content
Some industries have higher-than-average abuse complaints, which can jeopardize the deliverability of our entire system. Nothing personal, but in order to maintain the highest delivery rates possible for all our customers, we can't allow businesses that offer these types of services, products, or content:
- Escort and dating services
- Pharmaceutical products
- Work from home, make money online, and lead generation opportunities
- Gambling services or products
- Multi-level marketing
- Affiliate marketing
- Credit repair and get out of debt opportunities
- List brokers or list rental services
- Selling “Likes” or followers for a social media platform
Also, we cannot allow businesses involved in any aspect of the sale, transaction, exchange, storage, marketing or production of cryptocurrencies, virtual currencies, and any digital assets related to an Initial Coin Offering, to use MailMunch to facilitate or support any of those activities.
Sending Subject to Additional Scrutiny
We've also found that certain types of content may cause higher-than-average abuse rates. In general, hard bounce rates should be under 5%, and spam complaint rates should be less than 0.08%. For that reason, we may closely review, suspend, throttle, or disable accounts that exceed these rates and/or offer the following services, products, or content:
- Online trading, day trading tips, or stock market related content
- Daily horoscope reports
- Mortgages and loans
- Nutritional, herbal, and vitamin supplements
- Adult Entertainment/Novelty Items
- Real estate
- Services that support programmatically sending mail on behalf of third parties without creating or reviewing the content
We work hard to maintain the positive reputation of our system, but we count on our customers to pitch in too. You may not:
- Send Spam. Spam can be in the form of bulk emails or one to one commercial emails. For bulk emails we use the definition by Spamhaus, in short “unsolicited bulk email.” For single commercial emails, we define spam as any message that violates CAN SPAM law.
- You must be able to point to an opt-in form or show other evidence of consent for bulk email.
- Put into your Email or Account any material that wasn't created by you, provided for you to use, or that would violate anyone's rights. That includes text, photos, graphics, and other content.
- Use any misleading or incorrect names, addresses, email addresses, subject lines, or other information on the Website or in any Emails created or sent using our Service.
- Share your password.
- Decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software on our Website, or in any way used or downloaded from the Website.
- Use any of the software on our Website, or downloaded from the Website, to create a competing product.
- Use an outside unsubscribe process when sending bulk content to a list hosted in MailMunch.
- Set up multiple accounts for any person or entity in order to send similar content, unless you're part of a franchise or agency.
- Import or incorporate any of this information into any lists, emails or uploads to our servers: Social Security numbers, passwords, security credentials, or sensitive personal information.
- Send email that will be delivered to recipients as text, SMS, or MMS messages unless using a feature designed for that purpose.
- Upload or send to purchased, rented, third-party, co-reg, publicly available data, or partner lists of any kind.
- Send or forward personal mail. Send content created in MailMunch through another service.
- Host images on our servers for any purpose other than for use in your email campaigns.
- Host content on our servers for any purpose other than to send email campaigns.
- Delete, bulk unsubscribe, or otherwise modify your list in order to avoid our billing thresholds.
Thanks for taking the time to read our Acceptable Use Policy.